Avoiding Common Cooking Mistakes

I found this great article from Cooking Light today on Pinterest. It details the top 40 cooking mistakes we make in our kitchens.


Having a culinary genius for a best friend means I am constantly calling her for advice in the kitchen. This article explains some very important concepts I have learned from her, as well as some that were new to me - like how to successfully prepare poached eggs.

Cooking Light tells you what the mistake is, explains the science behind it, and tells you how to do it right. I'm always looking for ways to improve my performance in the kitchen, and I always love learning new things. This was just the helpful list I needed.

My Cooking Mistakes - I tend to rush things. I overcrowd the frying pan, and bring things to a boil when I only need a simmer. Patience needs to be a main ingredient in my kitchen! What are your common cooking mistakes?

2 comments:

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

I love cooking. I think the biggest mistake most people make is rushing. Keep the heat lower, people! I get annoyed with cooking meat in the oven. I hate over-cooked, but you can't have under-cooked.

Katie said...

Yep, impatience is one of my big issues as well. It's connected often with not allowing myself enough time to prepare!