Freezer Breakfast Burritos

I have an awesome recipe to share with you guys today. I am so terrible at eating breakfast, that I decided to invest the time in making freezer breakfast burritos. It took a little work, dirtied a few dishes, but now I can just pop them in the microwave and eat within five minutes in the morning!


Ingredients:

1/2 - 1 Onion
3 Green Bell Peppers
18 Eggs
1 lb. Breakfast Sausage
1 pkg. Bacon
1 - 2 lb. potatoes
12 Burrito Flour Tortillas
Seasoning Salt

This ingredients list is an approximation of what I used. I just threw together the ingredients I had in my fridge and freezer. Use what you have and call it good. 



Scramble your eggs. I just added salt and pepper to mine. 

Sweat your peppers and onions low and slow until the onions are translucent and the peppers turn...well...they change color. (For added flavor, cook your peppers and onions into the pan with the sausage and bacon grease!)

Fry up your bacon and sausage. I cut my bacon into small chunks before I threw it in the pan, but you could crumble it afterwards. 

Cube and Bake your potatoes at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. I tossed mine in olive oil and covered them with seasoning salt. 


Toss your prepped ingredients together in a big bowl. I tried to make my burritos one ingredient at a time, and it was just too slow and not at all mixed correctly. Trust me, this is the way to go!



Warm your tortillas so they don't crack and tear!

Fill and Fold your tortillas. I folded mine the long way and then the short way. If you have mad burrito folding/rolling skills that I don't possess, please please fill me in!




Wrap your yummy burritos in saran wrap. Let them cool, place in freezer bags, and pop into the freezer. 


Enjoy eating your delicious, homemade burritos as often as you want. To prepare, just microwave for 3-4 minutes, turning it over about halfway through. 

I like to smother mine in salsa or melt some cheese on top. I will say though, these are massive burritos for my taste. I will probably make them smaller next time. I actually weighed one, and it was 8 oz. Half of a pound! That's okay, because my husband and I like to share one. :)

You can change up the ingredients to match your dietary needs or preferences. The possibilities really are endless, and you can't beat the convenience factor. Let me know if you try making these yourself!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy burrito craving! They look delish!