The Post Graduation Post


I did it! I graduated from the University of Wyoming this past Saturday. The party went off without a hitch, and the food was to die for delicious. Here's a little recap with some fun pictures from my big day.

My college graduated in the Arena Auditorium where we hold our basketball games. Don't worry, the stands were packed with family and friends, just not the sections you can see. 


The whole graduation lasted just over two hours. It was a really looooooonnnnggggg experience sitting on those aluminum folding chairs, not to mention the nerves of worrying you will trip across the stage when it's your turn. My department was at the very end, so I was patiently waiting the whole time. 

When it was finally over we headed to my best friend's house for a laid back barbecue party. Here's a pic of me with my gown on. Oh yeah, and that handsome fellow is my husband. ;)


I'm glad I got a good picture with Jess, my best friend and the brilliant baker behind Sweets Wyoming



She threw an amazing party. Check out the amazing cake she made me! It was a lemon lime flavored cake with a touch of orange flavor in the buttercream frosting. 



She made a super cute framed menu that listed all the delicious finger foods, fruits, veggies, and the lazy Texas brisket we ate. 


We used the mason jars with brown bandanas and gold silverware (brown and gold are UW's colors). It turned out super cute. 


Jessie made me an adorable congrats banner, and I put together a few decorative touches for the gift table (well, trunk actually). It made a little banner for the card bucket, and framed one of my favorite quotes. 

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do." - Apple Inc. 




I am so thankful to all of my family and friends who travelled and took time from their weekend to come and support me in my achievements. I couldn't have had a better weekend. Now I am in the job hunting process and just enjoying the beginnings of summer. I am so excited to see what journeys are waiting for me! 

1 comment:

christina said...

congrats! what an achievement! and that party, how fun! that cake, yummo.