Rhubarb Crumble

As I was walking through the grocery store the other day I was so excited to find fresh {rhubarb} in the produce section. I remember eating my grandma's rhubarb crumble as I was growing up. It was always one of my favorite desserts, and I have never had anything like it elsewhere. I decided to give my grandma a call and get the recipe. I made it yesterday and wanted to share some pictures and the recipe so you can try it too.

 You will need:
  • 2 1/2 Cups fresh cut rhubarb
  • 2/3 Cup sugar
  • 1/3 Cup flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 Cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 Cup flour
  • 1 Cup quick oats
  • 3/4 Cup margarine
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix the first four ingredients together.

I mixed my flour, sugar, and salt together and then slowly folded in my rhubarb.

I LOVE how it makes the rhubarb look all snow-covered!



2. Place this rhubarb mixture into a buttered 9x9 pan. Sprinkle the cinnamon on top. I didn't have a 9x9 on hand, so I used an 8x11. You can also use an 8x11, but I did notice I should have made more of the topping. There is more surface area to cover with the 8x11, so be sure to have extra topping!



3.  Mix the remaining ingredients together to create the topping. This is where you might want to add a little bit extra of each of the ingredients to create more for an 8x11 dish.


4. Spread the topping across the rhubarb mixture in the pan. It will be pretty gooey, so squishing it out flat with a spatula worked better for me than trying to spread it.






5. If you notice the mixture on top is a little dry, you can sprinkle a few tablespoons of water across it. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. 

Enjoy!

No comments: