Easter Treats - Peep Cupcakes

 

Everyone knows that Peeps in the stores means Easter is on its way. I have seen so many cute decorations and treats made with Peeps this year, and cute cupcakes never go out of style. I decided to combine the two, creating a cute Peep Cupcake for an Easter treat.  

I used:
  • Yellow Cupcakes
  • Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
  • Yellow Chick Peeps
  • Robbin Egg Candies
After my cupcakes were out of the oven and cooled, I frosted them with homemade chocolate buttercream frosting. I tried to make it look like a little nest for my bird and eggs to sit on. 

 Next, I took three eggs from my Robin Egg candies carton and placed them in a cluster on the "nest."
Once the little eggs were securely in place, I pulled off a Momma Peep from the pack and gently placed her on top of her little babies. The buttercream can be very slippery, so this part was done with care.
 And there you have it! You can get all kinds of creative with this cute little cupcake. If you use buttercream frosting, I recommend storing them in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. The frosting was even getting a little soft while I was decorating. Of course, you can use whatever frosting you want!

Let me know if you make these cupcakes or other Easter treats!

- - Happy Crafting! - -


Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments: