Scrappin Saturday - - Flower Thank You Card

This morning I made some post birthday thank you cards. They were so cute and easy I thought I should share.



The first step is to gather your supplies. The cute flower paper is from my new K & Company paper stack! The flower, stitched circle, and thank you sentiment were all cut from my Simply Sweet Cricut cartridge.


Apply the patterned paper to the background cardstock. Easy Peasy!


I took my 1/2" wide green strip of paper and sort of wiggled it like a snake to get some natural bends and wear in it before I stitched it to avoid no-so-cute cracking and tearing.


I used a large yarn darner needle to straight stitch the length. I was in no way precise about this. The uneven, random look gives it a carefree, whimsical feeling. Leave some tails at the ends and simply tape them down on the back.


 Next, you'll want to adhere your stitched green strip to the card. 


 Although the circle had stitch lines cut into it, I used a white gel pen to really make them pop.


I used an embossing tool to give the flower and its center a little dimension and texture, but this step is optional.


Attach your flower to the circle.


Attach your flower circle and your thank you to the card.


And you're done!

This thank you card was so much fun and so easy to make that I turned out four of them in one short crafting session. 


 I hope you'll try this super cute card or use it for inspiration in other projects.

- - Happy Crafting! - -

No comments: