The Book Corner - Suggested Summer Reading {Part 2}

Hello my beautiful nesters! How was everyone's weekend? I am back today with more suggested summer reading! I hope you are finding time to sneak in those relaxing reading sessions at the beach, on a front porch or in a comfy chair.

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein


If you've ever owned a dog, or been close to one, this book will have you laughing and crying. It is the story of a man and a dog's relationship, told from the dog's perspective. The deeply emotional nature of their relationship is so pure and easy to relate to. You will be reminded of your own dog and will forever see dogs differently. Have you ever thought "What if my dog could talk? What would he say?" 

Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster

Can you tell by the tattered binding and bent cover how many people have asked to borrow this book?

Jen Lancaster used to be the designer brands only, judgmental perfectionista we all love to hate until she suddenly finds herself joining the population of the unemployed. Based on her real life experiences and real life blog posts, Jen Lancaster will make you laugh your pants off. If you have ever been unemployed, had a humbling reality check, wanted to kill your neighbors dogs, felt a heavy depression, made sacrifices, or carried a Prada bag into the unemployment office, you will identify with this book. A book that truly unites all cynical women who are just trying to make their way in the world - this book will brighten your day and remind you what life is all about.

Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond


Whether you love the Pioneer Woman, hate her, or have never heard of her, there's no denying that she has written a fun and beautiful love story. I don't care whether 10% or 90% of this story was truth or fiction. It was a fantastic story that had butterflies in my stomach and love in my heart. It reminded me of the first dating feelings I had with my husband, and all the little things that mean so much. It is a story of a city girl, a country boy and all the real life compromises and collaborating they have to do to make things work. I can't recommend it enough. 

I hope you'll give these books a try. They are all books I would read again and again. I only pull the best off the shelf to share with you! What are you reading right now? Let me know in the comments below!

- - Happy Reading! - - 
 

No comments: