Behind the Blogger - Day 12

I have been missing the Blogosphere recently! I have been so busy with my garden and enjoying some time off with the hubby, that I haven't been on the computer much at all. We also have a friend living with us for a few weeks, so we have been out doing things and enjoying his company. Since I haven't been keeping up on what's new in Blogland I decided to do a Behind the Blogger Post instead of a Favorite Friday. Hope you enjoy. I promise I'll be more active in the coming week!
Day 12- How you found out about blogging and why you made one.


I first found out about blogging when I was in Jr. High School. I remember my friends and I had blogs on Xanga. We would write posts about our day, trying to sound like adults. I would post a lot of my poetry on that blog too. Once I was in high school, the blog fell by the wayside. My love for writing was there, but I never knew the great and wonderful world of blogging that was ahead!

I re-entered the blogging world when I was in my second year of college. One of my best friends told me about Tip Junkie. That was back before it was the tremendous success it is today. If Laurie isn't an inspiration to start blogging and gathering all creative ideas together, I don't know what is. I started my personal blog. Here I would talk about the fun things I was doing in life and how school was going. It was mostly for friends and family.

I decided to start Nest Candy after I explored the Blogosphere a little more. I had seen a lot of fun blogs out there, so I started Nest Candy in October, but my motivation to continue quickly fizzled out.  Over Christmas break last year I found Funky Polka Dot Giraffe and Tatertots and Jello. These women were blogging about their own families and projects, they were featuring other people, they were hosting giveaways, and they were connecting with people all around the world with similar interests. I wanted that. Thus, Nest Candy was re-born.

I spent hours and hours during the first few weeks and months learning all I could about the blogging world. I learned how to create my own button and banner and how to tweak my html. I was seriously addicted. I have strayed a few times from my blog, but the excitement and the ideas are always there in my head. There's just not enough time in the day or money in the bank to get them all to you as fast as they pop into my head.

I have met some fantastic people so far, and I appreciate each and every one of my readers. Thanks so much for all your comments and love. Blogging has been a great way for me to seek creative outlets in life. It motivates me to make time for the hobbies I love. I have loved every minute of blogging this year, and I hope the rest of the year only gets better!

- - Happy Blogging! - -

No comments: