A Camping We Will Go

I have been moving at a bit of a slow pace since we got back from our camping trip last weekend. I promise I have a lot of great crafty projects and delicious recipes coming your way, but for now, enjoy some fun pictures from our camping trip.


This is the gorgeous sight that greeted me every morning. If I could wake up to the sunlit trees swaying, a small creek bubbling, and the birds singing every day, I would gladly rise at 6 am. 


We spent our days searching for great fishing locations for the guys and a quiet, beautiful spot for me. Riley was happy wherever we landed. He loves going in the river and sniffing around everywhere. He is constantly trying to chase little creatures (or as they are commonly called here "critters") into their holes. (In case you are new to Nest Candy and are really confused at this point...Riley is my dog!)


Even high up in the mountains I couldn't escape the awful task of doing some dishes. Somehow it's much more fun when you're warming your water over a campfire and hanging your dishtowels out to dry in the sun. There's something very rustic and survivalist about it all. When I was little I used to play in the backyard pretending to be Pocahontas or Brian from Hatchet. I guess now I'm just playing "lost in the woods" as a big girl. 


It's not so bad to do a few dishes when you get to eat delicious foods like campfire roasted corn and crispy BBQ chicken. Mmmm I'm salivating just looking at that picture!


We made an excellent bed of hot coals to roast our marshmallows for S'mores. A camping trip just isn't complete without them!


Let's just say I was the crazy camper in the bunch. It was common for me to periodically burst into song and dance. 


We had such a great time. It was nice to get away from society for a while and just self-reflect and rest. Mother Nature certainly has healing powers. 

1 comment:

christina said...

nothing like camping in the woods!