Cold Chicken Salad Pizza

A few years ago I had an amazing cold salad pizza with my in-laws at a cabin retreat. I finally got around to re-creating it, and wow... it was even better than I remembered.


Ingredients

Pizza Dough
Chicken Breast
Lettuce
Green Onion
Grape Tomatoes
Red Onion
Cheese
Avocado
Bacon Bits
Salad Dressing
Sour Cream

I didn't give you any measurements, because it's really up to you how much you want of everything. I can tell you that I used a Pillsbury pizza crust, about one chicken breast, 2 cups of chopped lettuce, three green onions, 1 pint carton of grape tomatoes, 1 red onion, about 2 cups of cheese, 2 avocados, and italian dressing. 








1. Pre-bake your pizza crust for 10-15 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. 2. Boil your chicken breast(s). I boiled 3, but I plan to use the rest of the chicken in another meal. I probably only used 1 breast for this pizza. 3. Shred your chicken. If you have a stand mixer, let me introduce you to the most AMAZING tip ever! Throw your boiled chicken into the bowl and put on your paddle attachment. Turn the mixer on to medium speed for 1-2 minutes. I used my splatter shield to help keep chicken from flying out of the bowl. This technique will give you the lightest and easiest shredded chicken you've ever had. 4. While your chicken and crust are cooling, chop up and prep your veggies. 5. Start to layer your ingredients in whatever order you want. It works really well to spoon sour cream over the crust and throw the ingredients on top. I didn't do this because my husband doesn't like sour cream. 6. Throw a pinch of salt over the pizza for flavor enhancing and drizzle with your salad dressing. If you didn't use sour cream on the crust, add a dollop on top.  

This pizza pairs really well with Cilantro Flavored Water

No comments: